Fly to Exotic Beach Destinations & Get $30 Off.

Monday, September 17, 2018

I Traveled Solo to Jamaica, and This Happened....



I've been dreaming about going to Jamaica or anywhere out the country for years, but in my dreams I was never alone. I could not fathom traveling out of the country alone...but I also could not fathom not ever experiencing Jamaica. I was tired of suggesting a trip to friends, family or even my boyfriend of 5 years and getting the same response." I don't have the time off, I don't have the finances, or I don't want to go to Jamaica it's not safe"

When I would suggest traveling alone to friends or family, they would say "It's not safe, you'll get robbed, kidnapped, or murdered.

One day I decided enough is enough, if I wanted to experience Jamaica I'd have to do it alone. I got on my laptop and booked my solo trip to Ocho Rios Jamaica. I didn't even tell my boyfriend until I got there and he was furious.  I decided not to tell him because I felt like he would do something to try and stop me and another year would go by of me not going. At that moment I decided to not let my travel dreams be contingent on anyones schedule, interest, finances or fears. I traveled solo to Jamaica and the only thing that happened to me was that I had the time of my life...I felt liberated.

Jamaica was so beautiful. When the plane was landing onto the island I nearly cried. I hadn't seen anyplace so beautiful before, and if I wasn't willing to travel alone I may not have ever seen it. I finally felt completely autonomous and that I had the courage to walk in my own purpose and passion. Once I got home my boyfriend blocked my calls and broke up with me. I was somewhat sad. But what I realized is that I love myself enough to not let anyone be in control over what brings me real joy, and that's traveling. For that point on I travel solo, and will never let anyone stop me again.

Do you think I did the right thing by not telling my boyfriend I was going to Jamaica?  Comments below.

 



1 comment:

5 Tips for Traveling Solo in Asia while Black!

I traveled to Shanghai China, Phuket & Bangkok Thailand and Malaysia. On my travels throughout Asia I realized just how much of a u...